What to bring to a photo shoot (basics for your model bag):
• Headband, hair ties/bands, bobby pins
• Brushes, combs
• Hair appliances (curling iron, rollers, straighteners)
• Skin cleanser and moisturizer (Arrive bare-faced for shoots with makeup artists)
• Make-up kit
• Cotton balls and cotton swabs
• Body lotion for dry skin
• Clear or nude nail polish, clippers, nail file, polish remover
• Press on nails (French Manicure style)
• Lip balm
• false eyelashes
• Shoes (High heels and flats – black is a must)
• Black, white and flesh toned underwear (thongs recommended for less lines)
• Assortment of bras (black, white, nude, and strapless)
• Plain black and white socks
• Hose/nylons in Nude and black
• Yoga pants or similar for lounging
• Strapless top
• Light dressing robe
• Safety pins, small sewing kit, clothes pins, clear nail polish (for runs)
• Scarf or makeup mask to prevent makeup transfer
• Headache & allergy medication, razor, eye drops, feminine products.
• Music you like, books or magazines for downtime
• Bring your portfolio and/or any images of concepts you would like to try for future shoots.
• Bottled water & snacks
• Planner/calendar or notebook with pens
1. Get plenty of rest: Have a good night’s sleep the night before the shoot. Avoid partying the night before a photo shoot.
2. Try not to wear tight or restrictive clothes before a shoot. These can cause lines in the skin which can take quite long to disappear.
3. Arrive early to allow time for planning & make-up
4. Do not experiment with new skin treatments the night before the shoot. Any new treatment can cause skin irritations or allergic reactions. Test out the treatments well in advance of the shoot in order to know how your skin will react and how long your skin needs to recover.
5. Practice posing. There is a wealth of information available including hundreds of videos online that demonstrate posing technique (beginner to advanced) the more you memorize as far as posing with or without products the smoother a shoot will become.